Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Little Things Really Do Make A Difference

Mini photo shoot on the beach today!
Howdy howdy my lovely Americans-or any other non Americans that are reading this on my blog haha
So this week was heavy to say the least haha... with all the struggles I've been having I've been getting so much great advice and love from so many people in my life. I am so blessed. 


Morgann in her natural habitat haha!
My comp has only been to the beach twice! IN HER LIFE
This is going to be a weekly thing.

I really have felt like its been one thing after the other for a few weeks here, from family problems, to discouragement and hardships in the field, to heart break, and sickness all with in a few weeks... but if there is anything I've learned from it all, it is the fact that life goes on... and nothing is going to change the fact that I am here on a mission on the Lord's time not mine... when I accepted my calling to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I sacrificed my own time for these 18 months to SERVE, to WORK, to SAVE, and to FOCUS. And even though its freakin hard... sometimes I just break down and cry. I know that I can do this. And that God knows my heart and knows my situation and He is by my side 100% of the time. An elder who served here in playas a few years back has reached out to me and taken the time to help me, befriend me, and give me some sick advice. He wrote me an email this week in reply to my cry for help after feeling so crushed. Among soooo many other great words of advice he ended his email with this,  "'I can skin a buck, I can run a trot line, (and I can learn Spanish, and teach and preach, and all around kick butt) and a country boy (girl) can survive." - Hank Jr."  How perfect is that? For anyone who knows me, knows that this is perfect. Shout out to Josh Mundy for the perfect pick me up!

My daddy didn't raise me to be quitter. And ya'll can betcha sweet butts I aint gonna quit! Bring it on Satan cause this country girl aint givin up! In fact she's just gettin started!



So this week I've changed little things trying to better myself as a missionary and become more in tune with my calling here. Like from wearing my ugly sister missionary walking shoes and not my toms, and studying just a little more in depth, praying more sincerely. The little things really do make a difference. It's important that as missionaries we don't forget our purpose... or that we even have a purpose. Its hard when we do the same thing everyday, sometimes we just get in routine and forget why we are here. We lose the feeling and drive to what we are doing. So I've made it my goal to not let that happen. To stay focused and to work as hard as I possibly can to win this war against Satan and bring Gods children back to him as I promised. 

So I have a bit of big news for ya'll... I'm going to write my journal entry that I wrote on November 23rd 2013.

" Wow... today is Saturday, November 23rd and I have just had the most amazing experience with personal revelation. I'll start with what happened yesterday. Yesterday, Friday, November 22nd we had interviews with President Dennis. In my interview President told me that he wanted me to map out my life. To focus on what I needed to do to become a successful mom, and wife. He told me he had been thinking and praying about me a lot, and kept asking what can Hermana Younce do when she gets home so that she can find her nitch, so that she knows she has worth... He then told me he wants me to study when I get home and that he thinks I would make a great nurse.  At first I was shocked. But the more he talked about it the more it grew on me. The whole bus ride home I was imagining myself as a nurse. And I started to fall in love with the idea. I came home that night and asked my Heavenly Father what he wanted me to do with my life. What plan he had for me. Beauty school has ALWAYS been my dream since I was in the womb. But right before my mission I started to get the feeling to keep an open mind about my future while I was gone. So I did.
This morning (Saturday) I decided to study further and ask my Heavenly Father specifically what he wants me to do. I made my prayer veryyy specific. I asked what path he wanted me to take so I could be a good mom, wife, and successful in my career. After I finished that prayer I read my patriarchal blessing. A few things jumped out at my but nothing strong enough to take as my answer. After I finished reading that, I knew I could find my answer in the scriptures... I prayed to know what scripture to read. I was looking at the tabs on the side and felt the need to read in D&C, so I did. I read a scripture that talks about missionary work and working hard to save the souls of all man kind. At first I thought, maybe He doesn't want me to know right now? He wants me focus here.  But then I had a feeling that, that wasn't my complete answer... So I shut my scriptures and held them closed between my two hands, tabs facing up. And I prayed sooooo hard. Asking  the Lord to open my scriptures to my answer, to what I needed to know. Am I going to be a nurse or am I going to be a hairdresser? With every inch of my faith I have running through my body, my eyes shut as tightly as possible, I relaxed my hands, and expecting my scriptures to just flop open immediately, there was a stillness... I kept my eyes shut as my scriptures gently opened to a page, I opened my eyes... it was turned to the topical guide... The first word I read on the page was "health". and at the top of the page in the corner where the guide for the words are, was the word "hear". The scripture reference under the word "hear" was  "they heard the voice of the Lord…"  my stomach sank... I gasped and bursted into tears. Not because I was sad but because I knew my Heavenly Father was listening to me. I knew He knew what I needed to do with my life and He loves me enough to reveal that to me. I immediately started to pray and to thank my Heavenly Father and to ask him to bless me with peace and comfort if this is what he has planned for me, if this is my  answer. And that is exactly what he has done. There's a lot to look into for this path I am going to take and nursing school isn't the cheapest on the chart, but there were two answers to this remember? I need not forget the first part, in D&C. I need to still work super hard here, focus here, prepare myself here, and if I do so The Lord will bless me and make all things possible for me."

...............Surprise Mom and Dad! :) Love you all! Have a great week!

My comp enjoying her first oreo with peanut butter! She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment