Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Go Me!

Howdy lovers!
How is everyone doing?! I hope that everyone's reply to that is great! Miss ya'll tons! But I am doing a lot better here! I've had a very inspirational week! Although I still had my own challenges I am getting stronger everyday!

I'll start with the bad. I'm sick! Yay! Haha well I have been for a week but i'm getting better now! no need to worry! Secondly, me and Hermana C. were walking around town the other day and we walked by these two men and we said, "buenas tardes" being nice and one of them looks at me and says, "Wow you should really cut down on eating. You're really fat." haha... yeah ouch. Bless his heart. He doesn't know that God punishes jerks like him who are mean to his daughters. I just smiled and kept walking. Although the natural man in me wanted to flip him off and say, "You must be blind cause I'm freakin hot!" But don't worry folks. I didn't :) I know I know. Go me!  
J---- our recent convert received his first calling! He is 2nd counselor in the elders quorum!! So exciting! So proud of him. I really think he will be a prophet one day. Another great news! C-------- the girl I wrote about last week came back! And got BAPTIZED!!!! Miracles really do happen. It was a beautiful service and her whole family came! her little sister is preparing to be baptized next week!

Everything else is going great! I've had a lot of support and love getting me through this hard time in my life. I received an email today from Taylor Squires, a good friend of mine and he shared this scripture with me... "My [daughter], peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." literally exactly what I needed to read. Shout out to him for always knowing what to send me:)

Also a missionary was counseling me this week on my situation and he told me that we are alwayssss going to have "Fridays" in life... (Friday was the day Christ died) but after every Friday we will always have Sunday... when Christ was risen. My Saturday may be lagging a little bit but I can feeeeeeeeel that Sunday inching towards me! I know that my work here will effect my family in ways that I personally cannot. And I will work and work till they don't let me anymore so I can see those blessings poor out on them. 

I love you all! congrats to Dylan and Lindsey on the arrival of their beautiful baby girl! So happy to be an auntie!

Chau

Me having too big of hair in a latin taxi hahaha!


Me and C-------- at her baptism!

Look how long my hair is getting!


Me and Mamita C----- buying fruits and veggies for my diet!


This is where we bought them.  It's called a "mercado"


This is my fridge! Everything but the tortillas and eggs are mine! :) and we are sharing the bananas! The best part ...... I got it all for $6.40!!! WHAT! Stoked!


No comments:

Post a Comment