Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving

So this week was pretty good! Super calm! But super productive! First was thanksgiving! Yay! Happy thanksgiving to all of you!! Mamita C----- made us a "turkey" dinner! (we ate chicken cause turkey is too expensive) hahaha but it was so yummy and so much fun to have my family here to celebrate with! 




I know this is totally not allowed but our mamita was cooking and he wouldn't stop crying so I had to help...… :) 

Second, we got a Christmas tree! And the little present under the tree is for Jesus! We write down our good deeds and put them in the bag! 

Third, me and my companion had a branch activity on Friday!!! " noche de gracia" We brought thanksgiving to Ecuador! We started with a spiritual message about counting our many many blessings, I sang "I Stand All Amazed" in Spanish. And me and my compi both gave our testimonies about how grateful we were to have the gospel in our lives. Then we went outside and played games! we did relay races as families! it was sooo much fun! then after the games we went back inside and had a thanksgiving dinner! it was such a success! there were 84 people there! that's the highest number for an activity in the whole year!!!!! AND the Sunday after there were 93 people at church!!!!! we were in the low 70s before! We are super happy to see the branch growing! 


Oh yeah!! This week we had zone conferences!

This is me and my compi and our zone leaders! 
And this is us leaving to go to the conference before the sun was even up!

My super attractive eye infection. Wooooo.
I look like that one guy from the goonies. " Heeeyyy yooouuu ggguuuyyyssssss"
Oh and me being suuuper fierce in the emergency room this week while getting pain meds injected into my veins for my migraines! Woo!

Aaaand my selfie of the week.

Love y'all! Have a super sick week!

No comments:

Post a Comment