Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Gospel Is Beautiful

Soooo this week has been a good one! Very productive! :)
We are teaching some great people right now! And I really feel like they are sincerely interested in the gospel which is always beautiful!
This week I've really been trying to better myself as a missionary. I've been struggling between comparing myself as a person to my companion and really focusing on the missionary I want to be. My companion is great! I respect her for the person that she is... but she was VERY sheltered growing up and doesn't know much about the street life hahahah jk but really the life outside of Mormonism she doesn't really understand. Not that it's a bad thing at all! There have been many times where I have had to be very straight forward with her and ask her what in the world she's thinking or if she's thinking when she says "hooolaaaa" a little TOO loud at a boy walking by...at night.........in Ecuador. I have found myself very stressed out trying to teach her Spanish, how to act like a lady/missionary so we don't get kid napped, and be patient and loving at the same time. I'm losing my patience and I'm exhausted.  
I have also found myself comparing myself to her sometimes or feeling like I'm not a good person because I have a past… This has been really hard for me. Especially with the little comments sometimes she makes which I'm sure she doesn't mean to be mean but they sometimes hurt my feelings. But maybe I'm just over sensitive who knows. But I found myself ALMOST feeling bad... almost. Then I realized I am who I am today because of the way I was raised, the experiences I've been through, and the choices that I have made. And you know what? I'm pretty freaking awesome because of it all. I am PROUD to be  a YOUNCE and not just any Younce I am MORGANN MICHELLE YOUNCE and I am PROUD of it. Yes, I have committed some bigger sins than your average everydayers, but I have the STRONGEST testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and I am sooo close to my Savior because of it. No, I am not your average Mormon girl, but yes I do hold valid temple recommend just like the rest of you. No, I am not a perfect missionary, but yes I have been called by the same prophet of God that you are and I strive to be better every single day I wake up here in Ecuador. Maybe other people can't see it, and well quite frankly sucks to suck if they can't. But I am a daughter of our King. I know that He loves me and is so proud of me and my achievements not only in this life but on my mission too, I know this because he has testified this unto me.

 I love this gospel more than words can express. I love my companion for the person that she is. I have so much respect for her and the life that she has lived and for being here on a mission. I love my family SO much! I love my friends! I love my wards back home! I love my bishop, Bishop Bramwell! He's seriously amazing! I love my mission! I love my mission president! I love his family! I love my investigators! I love the branch members here! I love my Heavenly Father! I love my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ! and I LOVE ME!
Kisses
Hermana YOUNCE

This was us last week with W------ and his mom after his baptism 



Us with W------ and his family


Me and Mamita C-----!


No comments:

Post a Comment