Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I could just feel it...

Hey!

So I'm a mom!!! My new companion is Hermana A-----r! She is from Honduras!! She's so sweet and so funny! I knew from the second I saw her she was going to be my companion I could just feel it. Like I knew that I needed to love this girl. And what do ya know?! 2 hours later she's my compi!!
She has some physical illnesses that we have to get figured out… and some other personal stuff. We aren't sure if she is going to be able to work… BUT for the time that we do have together I know that we are meant to be together! I know that I need to love this girl with alllll that I have. And that's exactly what I'm going to do! 
Me and Hermana A-----r!!! Hahah I was teaching her to pose!

We are still in playas!! And they didn't change the sector!!! So we can proselyte wherever we want!!! Yayy!!!!!! But at the same time I've been having a little bit of a hard time because when we divided our investigators that we had, Hermana P------ pretty much took all the ones that were progressing. Ha, soooo we are starting from scratch! But that's okay! Because I know that we are a great match and we are going to have great success here! I cant wait!
I was expressing to my district leader who also happens to be the secretary of the mission, 
Elder G-------t, that I was nervous to be a mommy, and frustrated with the situation with H. P------, and he told me that I don't need to be. That other missionaries and president are all very impressed with me and the success that I've had, and how fast I've learned Spanish. He said that there are Latinas here who are trainers but they don't have the success that I have had and that he knows that I can do this. It was just such a tender mercy for me and very encouraging.
I want to go back to how I knew that my companion was mine before hand. Well I wasn't the only one who knew that. I was on the phone with president earlier this week and he told me how when he was putting the companionships together he knew days beforehand that she needed to be with me. He told me when he looked at her picture every time he just thought "Hermana Younce" and every time he tried to move it or change it he couldn't, he just knew she was mine. We talked about the issues she might be having and at the end I expressed how I will do my best to love and care for her. And he told me, "She is here, because you are here. If you were somewhere else, that's where she would be." I know that my mission president is called of God, to receive revelation to help us. I know that he knows us all, and all of our needs and he does everything in his power to help us and to make our experience here in the mission amazing. I know that Hermana A-----r is my daughter for a reason. And I am so grateful for the time that I have to spend with her. I love her so much already. And I can't wait to see the success we have and the friendship that we build together!
I got soooooooooooooo many emails this week! And I don't have anytime to write you guys back but I love you all! Thank you for the love!
kisses
Hermana Younce




Me and J----s- who was baptized this week! She is G-----s' sister!! The last woman in the family to be baptized!! Now we just need the dad!!! :)))


Oh aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I dyed my hair hehe :) $25 ombré...why not?

1 comment:

  1. "She is here, because you are here. If you were somewhere else, that's where she would be."
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete