Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Stand Tall, Shoulders Back, Smile Big!


Well I would like to start this email with the fact that I was not the first out of me and my companion to say the F word. haha I was teaching her the saying "what in the world" and she relates it to "what the F %&!".  I literally died laughing and told her that was really bad and not to repeat it haha. She said she learned it on FB! hahaha poor girl. It made my day.

me making empanadas while sick 
Well once again Morgs is sick! I've had a super gnarly cold for the  past 5 days but today is the first day I'm starting to feel better, thank goodness because I have been miserable. But while I was sick I had the opportunity to watch the movie about Joseph Smith and the restoration... in Spanish of course. And it just hit me so hard. I look at the things Joseph and his family and all his believers went through for this gospel. Eventually Joseph gave his life so that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints could be restored. I see these things and I look at the things that I've complained about and I'm literally embarrassed. Yes, this is most definitely the hardest thing I've had to do in my life, but it could be SO much harder. It brings me to tears to think about the things people did to Joseph Smith and his family and all the others who believed the gospel is true. I just don't understand how someone could witness everything these people are going through to defend what they KNOW to be the true gospel of Jesus Christ and still not believe. Not to mention the fact that if they simply got on their knees and sincerely asked God if it was true and were willing to receive an answer through the promptings of the spirit there's no way they could deny it. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith and his willingness to teach the people this Gospel. No matter who they were or what kind of awful things they had done to him or anyone else. He still invited them to come unto Christ and to follow his example by repenting and being baptized in Christ's church. That is my new goal. I want to talk to everyone no matter how bad my Spanish is, how scary looking they are, NO MATTER WHAT. Because "the worth of EVERY soul is great in the eyes of God" and God wants all of his children to return to him one day and its through this Gospel that that is possible. I have been called by a prophet of God to do this work, representing the Lord Jesus Christ and that is how I am going to work. Just as the Lord himself would do so.... out of pure love for the children of God.

Okay secondly to my friends, family, and people who have simply known who I was, I owe you all an apology for not being the example of the things I believe in that I should have been. My language was out of hand and there are plenty of things I chose to do that were no where near the standard that I should have upheld, and I apologize for that. In no way am I saying that I am perfect now... because I'm not. But I have felt the blessing of the atonement in my life and the tender mercy and forgiveness of my savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father in my soul. But I felt the need to publicly apologize for my bad example in the past and I hope that just as the Lord "remembers them no more" I hope ya'll can too. Everyone has a past, and everyone is capable of repenting and starting fresh with a bright new clean slate. There are no words to describe my gratitude for that. 

Shout out to my amazing parents. I've been thinking about them alot more than usual lately and the fact that people weren't kidding when they said that serving a mission would bless my family. During those times of hardship here, all I have to think about are the blessings that my family is receiving and there is nothing that can keep me from working my hardest. I'm not going to share details, but since I've entered the CCM there was one thing for each parent that I prayed for more than anything I prayed for. And in my last emails from each of them they both said how those two things had been changing and progressing. I couldn't help but just sit there and ball my eyes out. My heart is so full of joy, happiness and gratitude. In fact, this week I actually shared one of the struggles my mom was having in a lesson with an investigator. And his inactive mom was sitting with us listening to us teach and she expressed how she too after hearing this was going to work harder to change that same thing in her life too. 

Being on  a mission has seriously provided me with the gift and opportunity of a life time. To literally  witness miracles happen before my own eyes. This Gospel is true. I know that with every fiber of my being. If you're reading this and you're not a member of the church I encourage you to get in contact with the missionaries in your area. and at least listen to what they have to say. If you're one of my friends, you know it isn't like me to invite people I know to learn more about the church, but it makes me sick to think that I can talk to complete  strangers about this and want complete strangers to have the best life possible and the FULLNESS of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all the blessings that come with that and not my own best, closest friends. If anyone needs help getting a hold of missionaries I'm sure my parents would love to help! :) It won't hurt to just listen. I promise. 

TO ALL FRIENDS AND FAMILY= I need addresses!! Please send me your address!!! And just because I can't email you doesn't mean you can't email me!! SEND ME PICTURES! please! They make me happy! 

SHOUT OUT TO DYLAN AND LINDSEY!!! I am going to be an aunt of a beautiful baby GIRL! THANK GOODNESS!!!! I have so many cute outfits planned already!!! I can't wait!

Melanie Sawyer!, of course I remember you! Thank you SO MUCH for your email. It brought me to tears. It's emails like that, that get us missionaries by. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart. 

Theresa! Tell me about your life please I NEED UPDATES.

Tye and Haley! Not sure if you got my last email but if you could get that address for me and Haley I need your address and the address of the Michels! And could you text Erin and ask her for hers too please!! Thank you! 

Haley! Moe's wedding is coming up I think... give her my love and tell her I am so happy for her! 

Mom and Dad! Thank you for sending the bag with kandy! I should be getting it tomorrow!!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait!! 

I love you all so much! Thank you for the support! 

The fourth is this week! Don't have too much fun with out me! This is as American as I can get here! I love ya'll

C-r--s and part of his family on Saturday! Our first baptism! I love him so much! Their family is amazing!
me and C-r--s with our CTR rings!
         



me washing my clothes in the sink
   our bad day stash

our study area

our kitchen
My cheer leaders! what keeps me going every morning!! 
our bathroom 
  our super high tech shower
our bedroom
PS - it's cold here. lol cause I'm on the coast, hence why I'm sick. I wasn't prepared for this weather lol but I'm good! Got to use my rain coat for the first time this week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment