Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sing... Sing again... And sing some more

Hola everyone! Well this has actually been a really good week! One of the longest weeks I've had so that's prolly why its so good! The harder you work the happier you are! Its so true!


We have 6 baptismal dates right now. This coming Sunday we have 2 baptisms for two 9 years olds. one is M----l. His dad and step mom are members but his real mom isn't. We've been teaching him and he is excited to be baptized. The other is J---y. her mom has been investigating for a long time now but isn't able to be baptised because she isn't married to the man she lives with. Therefore after baptism she wouldn't be able to live the law of chastity. But we've been teaching J---y and she is SO excited for her baptism! Then we have L-s---t and L--y, they are sisters and their parents are inactive. They have some doubts and questions, but i know that if they really pray and ask God they can know that these things are true and will be baptized. And lastly, we have M-r-- and S----n-! They are a married couple and the mom of the daughter is a member. They've been taught by the missionaries before but are afraid to be baptized because they don't want to not be able to endure to the end... but they have a date for the 3rd of August. So I'm praying they can have the strength to put their faith in the Lord and in themselves and be baptized.

So as you all know, these past 5 weeks have been rough for me! I received an email from my Bishop, Bishop Bramwell my first week in the field with a bunch of amazing advice in it for me. One piece of advice was to "sing...sing again...and sing some more" and that  "music is a language everyone can understand". So I took his advice, and this past Sunday I sang a solo in sacrament meeting. I sang "I Stand All Amazed" 2 verses in English and 1 in Spanish. And they don't have a piano in our church so it was acapella haha. But the spirit was soooo strong. The congregation was in tears and by the end of the song... so was I . BTW, singing and crying all at the same time is a serious skill I'm learning to develop! My Bishop was right, music IS a language everyone can understand, I know that the people of the congregation could feel the spirit and could understand through the spirit the message that the song gives. Not only did I sing, but I also gave a 10 minute talk in Spanish on the Atonement! I've never even given a 10 minute talk in English! haha Oh! And this morning before church we attended a baptism for a little boy in the ward. And right then and there I was asked on the spot to speak on baptism. So I did! I'm feeling so good about my Spanish its really coming along great! The gift of tongues is real and the spirit has been such an amazing companion for me! This Sunday was honestly the best Sunday ever! My favorite part was during third hour we were pulled out of relief society and asked to help teach  a group of the youth the song "Army of Helaman" it was seriously SO powerful! And such an amazing experience for me. Standing there watching these kids belt out this  song with their future missionary tags on, and singing with them in Spanish I couldn't help but just ball. The opportunity I have to be here and to serve is something I will cherish forever.


This is Hermana A-----d-- A----s! She is amazing! She has been like a mother to me here. Her son is C----s! Our first real baptism here in the playas. Her "spouse" is J----r and she has two other children C------ and G-----s. A---l and his father D----n live with them! This is the family you always see me in pictures with! The boys I was playing jenga with. This is the mother of the household. Her and J----r are waiting for papers so they can be married! And we have been teaching J----r, so... praying that hopefully after they are married he will be baptized too. 


This is the beautiful earring and necklace set she gave to me on Sunday. I feel so blessed. She's an amazing woman and with an even more amazing family.







Results of sleep deprivation


Remember J----n? He was our first baptism here but we weren't the ones who taught him. He's in military school here in Ecuador and this is one of his uniforms. He called us to come see cause he wanted to show us! So adorable.
M---n-- came down the hall doing this and was like "I'm just like Hermana Younce!" My heart melted! So cute!!! 

Me my comp and M---n-- having some fun girl time!
Me rocking my new $12 high tops! I got them in white too haha
Happy P-day!!!!!! Dirty bun no make up! Feels soooo good!

Me and A---l being gangsters. He came out of the back of the house and was like "Hermana Younce-ay!! Look!" So cute!!!!!!

Me and my comp! Taught her the famous face!

Sorry this email is a little short! Next weeks will be better! Promise!

BTW I CAN email people other than family now! Yay! But if I don't email you back don't get offended! I don't have much time here! And only on Mondays! Love y'all! Thanks for everything!

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment