Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I Chose to Stand Beside Him


Howdy y’all! 






Me with all my mail! yes, that's all for ME! Yes, I have corn rows, and yes, I am the dopest missionary in Ecuador.
How we had to carry my bag because it was so heavy! haha

I just have to say that the gratitude I have in my heart right now could poor out my ears! I received my very first letter in my mission on Tuesday!! And the winner is...drum roll please...Elder Trevor Oberender!!! :) Anyone who knows me can only imagine how excited I was. Haha :))) but as if that wasn’t super exciting, on Saturday I received even MORE mail! I received letters and 2 packages from my parents! A package from my teacher in middle school Mrs. Brady! And I received letters from Alisa Hunt! Sister Henshaw her husband and Mimi’s primary class! (totally made my whole week) and a dear elder from Sister Stassforth! In my bag from my parents I also had letters from Haley and her brothers! And a pillow from Tylen that I totally balled my eyes out when I saw! Thank you all sooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!! I cannot put into words how grateful I am!!!! 

When I got my first letter ever in the mission!! And my first letter from Elder Oberender :)
The amazing rain boots my parents sent me!!! in love!
I literally balled. Thank you Tylen Nicole!

This mail was exactly what I needed to end this awful week! haha

It all started when every single person we were teaching or contacting didn’t want to hear from us, wouldn’t answer their phone, or were too busy to talk. It was seriously so hard. And then my comp tells me that she is homesick. The first time she had ever expressed her feelings to me! And of course I was homesick too, I always am haha but because we both had these feelings we were both in a really weird funk. We both wanted to break down and cry. 

But all through out the week we just kept saying we just have to make it to Saturday then we can be in the temple and everything will be good again! Plus Saturday was my comps b-day!! 

So Thursday night came, and we receive a phone call from our leaders. As if we needed more bad news… they tell us that we have a conference with the president this week. Take a wild guess which day! SATURDAY! WOOO! So who doesn’t get to go to the temple? US!! WOOOO!! We instantly just started balllllllllling. I mean like ugly crying. We sat in bed together cried and ate chocolate cupcakes and ice cream. We ended the night with laughter and love. It sucked that we couldn't go to the temple but honestly so grateful for this experience. I can honestly say that my companion is one of my best friends. 



When we found out we couldn't go to the temple
So we had the conference and it was great! I love my president and his family! I had another chance to chat with his daughter. My oh my... I have never met a girl who is just like me! She 14 and she is going through the EXACT same things that I went through at that age. I couldn’t believe it. She wrote me a letter, and I read it on the bus ride home. In the letter she told me that she knew I was switched to the west mission because we needed to cross paths. As my eyes filled with tears I knew that was the reason. If I don’t connect with anyone else on my mission like I did with her I wont be disappointed. I know I needed to meet her. I know why I went through all of those things when I was younger...so I could help her. Give her advice from a personal perspective. I wrote her a letter back and I can’t wait to see where this friendship goes! She also has a love and talent of being able to make hideous faces for pictures. We def had fun with that! I’ll attach those in a little bit! 



Me my comp and S---! The president's daughter!
proof of our ugly face talents!

Yes! I was so excited I captured this picture!
We had two baptisms on Saturday night after the conference, and we celebrated my comps birthday with our "family" here. I gave hna Alexandra money for a cake, a chicken, and coke. She made us fried chicken, mashed potatoes and rice. The cake was beautiful, and abuelita (grandma) hand made edible flowers for the cake! My companion was SO happy! And at the end of the night she hugged me so tight and told me she loved me for the first time! I could’ve cried!!!!!!!!!! Such an amazing way to end the week! 



I finally had some really odd experiences with food this week. Surprised I haven’t thrown up yet! I have soooooooooooo many pictures from this week!



Me curling X---n-'s hair before church on Sunday!
One of the members dogs had puppies!! I was in heaven!




The member with the funky lunch and the puppies also had turtles! I was in heaven!!!
And the odd animal experiences continue!



I wanted to share this poem I wrote this week. Hope you all enjoy it.


From the very beginning I chose to stand beside Him,
His bravery and grace is something I cannot fathom.
As a child I chose to follow the commandments of God the Father,
Dressed in all white, I was immersed in the water.
Thought out the years many things I did learn,
Blessed are the times when in my bosom the spirit did burn.
My testimony was strong and my spirit was bright,
But the iron rod was not something I always held tight.
Being a teenager in the world today,
We all know is not easy in anyway.
There were plenty of nights when I would just stay up and cry,
Pain and heartache were two things I didn’t want to conquer but I knew I needed to try.
I broke, I fell, I gave into temptation.
When I told people I was Mormon, they said they couldn’t see the relation.
High school was over and decisions needed to be made,
Was I going to turn to the Lord or let my testimony fade?
One summer night I just couldn’t do it anymore,
I dropped to my knees and let the tears poor.
Who had I become? What was I thinking?
I let myself walk off the path with out even blinking.
I made the choice right then and there,
These burdens so heavy, were mine to bare.
As I prayed I asked for His mercy and love,
That my slate could be made clean through my Savior above.
There was pain, suffering, and a lot of regret,
But the comfort and peace I later felt is something I will never forget.
I truly felt the forgiveness of my Savior,
I know it’s through his atoning sacrifice that I was made stronger.
In that moment I knew who I wanted to be,
I felt brand new, from my sins I was finally free.
Almost a year later now, I look at the name tag I wear on my chest,
I am a representative of Jesus Christ; this honor is nothing but the best.
I never thought this day would come,
I am preparing His children to enter into God’s kingdom.
I know that I stood with The Lord before,
And I promised Him that I would bring unto Him His children in Ecuador.
He’s not just my Savior; He is my best friend,
And I KNOW that one day I will see him again.
When I think of that day and how I hope it will be,
I see my Savior call me by my name and tell me He is proud of me.
Repent, be baptized, and keep your path steady,
The Savior is coming, will YOU be ready?


xoxo 
Hermana Younce



Me and Elder T-g-- he's from Samoa and in my district :))


Me and my comp at the conference!



The whole gang! the A--l-s family! starting from the left we have J----r, A-------a, My comp, Abuelita(Gma), C----s, Ch- Ch-, Me, D----n, and A---l. I love them! They helped me make my companions birthday perfect!


Us with Hermana C----n our other mommy here! Hna A-------a told me she wouldn't take a pic till I did a model pose haha so here it is!












No comments:

Post a Comment