Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Friday, December 20, 2013

Show your love for Him by serving His children

Howdy Everyone!

Temple Pic
So this week was great! First of all we got to go to the temple! Sooo amazing! We got to do one session and let me tell you....... all the updates they've done........ AMAZING. Totally cried through the whole session. I loved it. It was so great to just feel the spirit and have time to be calm and just talk with my Heavenly Father. 
The picture is of me and Hermana L---- at the temple this week! She's the new mission nurse and seriously one of my best friends!!!

So, 4 of our baptismal dates fell through this week so we will only be having one baptism this week but she has been investigating the church for years and she's finally going to be baptized this Saturday!!!! She was one of the first people I taught here in playas 6 months ago! She will be baptized the Saturday before Christmas! What a great gift to give our Savior this Christmas, a saved soul. :) 

Speaking of Christmas I got a package from my mom this week with a bunch of MoTab Christmas music and such on CDs that Lynn made for me! Shout out to them! Thank you sooooo much!!!!!!!! I listen to them 24/7 when I'm in the apartment. Plus my compi sleep walks and talks and it really scares me haha so I sleep with headphones in and its amazing to go to bed feeling the spirit through the music! I've noticed a difference in my dreams even! Thank you so much!! :)

Over all I'm super happy! I had mentioned in my past emails that I had been dealing with horrible migraines for weeks at a time! Well I talked with a psychologist and finally got down to the root of my problem. He told me I had been suffering from "psychosomatic illness". This is an illness caused by emotional pain or stress which causes the body to go into physical pain. So we talk every week and he has been helping me talk about the pains and guilts I've been suppressing for years and I haven't had a migraine in almost 3 weeks! :) Its been great!! Not only that but I'm seriously so much happier! I can really feel a change in myself!

 So with this Christmas season here I just wanted to express my gratitude for my Savior Jesus Christ. Being here on a mission to serve the Lord has really opened my eyes to a whole new world of the meaning of the life of Christ. During this time of the year sometimes we find ourselves getting caught up in what we are going to buy for others, or what others are going to give us. When in reality, we should be celebrating the birth of Christ. On Sunday Hermana Dennis and President Dennis came to our branch and spoke about the meaning of Christmas. Hermana Dennis used the analogy of if it was your birthday and alllll your friends and allll your family came to your big birthday party, but everyone bought gifts for everyone else besides you... that would totally suck right? Imagine how Christ feels...  
As a mission, every companionship has a little gift bag. and every time we serve someone else we write it on a white piece of paper and put it in the bag. This bag is our gift for Christ. The best way to show your love for Him is to serve His children. I'm not saying its bad to buy gifts or to receive, cause quite frankly I love that about Christmas. But  in the midst of all the ruckus of crazy Christmas shopping, we should take the time to stop, breathe, remember our Savior, and serve others. Jesus Christ was born to save all mankind. He knew before He came to the earth that He would go through the worst suffering and pain and then die for every single person in the universe, INCLUDING those who rejected him, spit on him, denied him, and eventually KILLED Him. It amazes me the bravery and pure love that He beheld when He came to this earth. I know that my Savior felt every burden, sadness, illness, and trial that I have and have yet to feel.  FOR ME. So that I am able to over come them all. I know that He died on the cross for ME and that He lives! That He was resurrected and over came death so that I TOO can over come death and live for the eternities with my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and my family one day. I am so grateful for the love and care that The Lord has showed me. I know that He loves me so much. I know that I am a daughter of God and that my worth is so great in His eyes. I know that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church of Christ on the earth today and that it was restored by Joseph Smith, who was a true prophet called of God. I know that Joseph Smith restored the Priesthood power, the authority of God on the earth today. I am grateful for the pure love of Christ and the opportunity that I have to share it with the people of Ecuador everyday.  I am grateful to be a missionary. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to repent of my sins daily and the help that my Savior offers me to better myself. I am grateful for my family and my friends. I am grateful for my companion. I am grateful for my mission president and his family. I am grateful for my branch here in playas and all my little mini families I have made here. I love you all so much! and I hope y'all have a very very very merry Christmas! 

Kisses,
Hermana Younce
PS: I got a few letters this week! from Jennifer Madden, Jennifer Banks, and Tammy Clobes!! I also got a few letters in the passed that I never wrote about from Amelia Sardoni, Jordan Allen and Mike LeSuer and soo many others that I totally suck at remembering right now! But just know that I AM getting them!! and THEY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME! I'm sorry if I don't reply I suck at that! and its SO expensive to send letters here to the USA! But I love you all so much! Thank you so much! xoxo


Birthday Cake for Mamita A-----
     I bought her the cake and we brought it to her and had dinner with her.
CUTEST MODEST NIGHTY EVER!
Me and my compi looking hott!!
Haha I was SOO excited... I SEARCHED the playas for sparkling cider EVERYWHERE and I finally found some!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment