Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Monday, August 19, 2013

Put On Your Armour, Lace Up Your Boots, And Prepare For Battle

Hey everyone!! This week has been better! I have sooooooooooo many people to write back so this is gonna be  a little short! sorry!

Highlight of the week: so as you all know last week was tough for me. well every Monday we write emails to the mish president. and I expressed how I was feeling in my letter last week, thinking he would write me back this week with some advice or something. Well something even better happened! I called the assistants to ask them something and all the sudden someone else was on the phone, the man said " Hola Sister Younce" and I replied "Oh my goodness you speak English!!!" He replied " Yes, yes I do" then I realized it was the president! hahahah awkward! I quickly gasped and said "Oh my gosh hi President!!" We both laughed. He continued with telling me he read my letter, and asked me if I knew the song "Don't Worry, Be Happy" and I said of course I do! He said I want you to sing that song and know that everything is going to be okay. He told me that everything was gonna be alright and gave me lots of encouraging words. How awesome right? He said he was gonna send me a text to our mission phone but since I was on the phone he wanted to talk to  me personally. So sweet! He has so many other things to worry about and do and he took time out of his day to make sure I was okay. I seriously have the BEST mission president ever!

Sooooooooo some thing exciting! My Spanish is coming along great! All my leaders tell me that in my 8th week (last week) I could be a trainer! And I don't even finish my training for another 4 weeks! My zone leader told me that if I was a man I could be an assistant to the President haha it made me smile. I wont be training this transfer because President said he doesn't wanna take away my mommy yet haha :) (trainers are moms and dads) but we are getting 38 new SISTER missionaries in September!!!!!!!!! and with this coming transfer tomorrow we will only have 20 sisters in the mission! So in September EVERY SINGLE SISTER will be training!!!! Some will be training TWO! At one time!! So crazy!!! I'm so excited!! I really wanna be trainer! I feel like with everything I've been through already I could really help the new girls. 

We are getting two new sisters in la playas tomorrow! We are all living in our tini tiny apartment right now! Hahah but hopefully we will find a bigger house soon!

hmmmm what else! nothing really!

Oh!! I forgot to tell you...  last month me and my companion were the ONLY ones to complete our goal for baptisms for the month in our whole zone!! We were pretty proud. 

We had 4 of our investigators come to church Sunday which is great!!!! We usually only have 1 or 2. Things are great here! I love la playas! And everyone I'm surrounded by! Sorry this is kinda short! Love you all!!


OH btw I got a package from the Clobes family!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'm in love with everything!!!!!! I think my zone hates me cause every week I get some sort of mail hahaha. This week I got three packages. It was like Christmas AGAIN! 

Some questions I was asked to answer for the blog this week:

1. What is the best meal you've eaten in Ecuador?
The best meal I've eaten in Ecuador would prolly be chicken marinated in coca cola, and cooked with sugar, with rice and mashed potatoes!! Amazing!  
2. What is your favorite scripture right now? 
My favorite scripture right now would have to be Alma 5:15-16 
 15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption braised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?
16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me yea blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?
I really like these verses because its straight forward. How powerful it is to read this and vision yourself standing before the Lord himself one day. It really makes me wanna work harder and be a better person.
3.What is one thing that you love about your companion?
One thing I love about my companion is her humor! She's super funny! 
4. What would you ask us to pray for when we pray for you? 
When you pray for me, I would ask that you pray for me to be focused, obedient, and strong.  
5.What would you tell a young man or woman who is thinking that a mission isn't for them? 
I used to say that a mission isn't for everyone.. but that's not the case. Its not that a mission isn't FOR everyone or that not everyone CAN handle serving a mission. It's really about whose willing to trust in The Lord, to put their faith in Him and really sincerely use the Atonement in their lives so that they are able to give back to the man who died so that we could live.  I say, use the Atonement in their lives, because the Atonement wasn't only for our sins. Jesus Christ our Savior felt every single feeling we have ever felt and will ever feel. And through Him we can be made strong, we can be made whole, and we can do ALL THINGS. A mission isn't easy...  I miss home, I wanna be able to be in school and continuing my dreams, I wanna find that perfect cowboy the Lord has prepared for me and be married for time and all eternity. But then I think of the Atonement. Was the Atonement easy? No, no it wasn't.  As missionaries, we are representatives of Jesus Christ himself.  The people reject us just as they rejected Christ. We are meant to feel the heart ache and the pains of this just as Christ did when He was here on the earth. But what really gets me is we will NEVER feel what Christ felt FOR us. Because He so graciously took upon our sins and our pains and our difficult times and everything else. We NEVER have to feel them to the extreme that He did and we can ALWAYS over come them. I know my family and friends love me. And I will be able to rekindle all those friendships when I return home. School will be there when I get home. And how can I expect a perfect cowboy return missionary to be my eternal companion if I myself am not his equal. I promise you all who are debating a mission that this is something every worthy and able young man and woman should be doing. Do you think Christ ever DEBATED to take on your sins and afflictions? Don't think so. It's only 2 years, or 18 months for girls. He gave His life.... His people need you. We are the army of God!!!! Now put on your armour, lace up your boots, and prepare for battle. 

Love you all!
xoxoxo



I gave my comp a hair cut! First time! I didn't tell her it was first time till after I was done and she told me she loved it hahahahaha.  She hit me a couple times then she died laughing.

Elder Mundy! I believe you commented on my blog and said you served in playas for 11 months? Well I found proof in the chapel hymn book! haha


I didn't really wear the boots to church, but man did I really wanna!

Me and my comp on Sunday

Just our daily friends we run into in the park


I did C-- c--´s make up while he was eating his dinner hahaha


Me and J----n being supaaa fierce


2 comments:

  1. Hermana Younce - I am heading out there in September and just had a few questions if you get time to answer that would be great! 1) What is the power outlet like? Do you think I'll need a converter? 2) Are there CD players in the apartments? 3) What is something clothing wise you forgot or would suggest for your new area? 4)Any other advice or tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey THERE I AM!!!!!! HAHAHAHA! THANKS SO MUCH! That made me tear up. Love that place. Keep working hard sister, its gonna be worth it. and tell mamita hi for me and that i love her.

    ReplyDelete