Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Friday, August 23, 2013

Eyes of Faith

Hey Hey Heyyy! 

Lots of tender mercies this week! The Lord loves us! And boy oh boy is he always with us!!  
My struggle of the week was this past week was the 5 month anniversary of Brandon's death. My heart was heavy this week and I couldn't get him off my mind. I was also sick again this week and the nurses here gave me a sick day so i slept alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day. One day and I literally had dream, after dream, after dream about B. Some of them were just flash backs to memories we had together and others were just dreams with him in it. When I woke up all I wanted to do was cry. I ended up calling the missions president's wife so i could just let my feelings out in English. Talking to someone about it helped a lot. But I was still in a weird funk. Then I really wanted a blessing. But a blessing in English that I could really understand and hear the things I needed to, to be okay. The mission president was supposed to come to the playas this week so I figured I could get one from him when he came. Well he didn't end up coming... a little bummed I just tried to shake off the funk and be strong. We went to our district meeting on Thursday. We had a new zone leader! FROM THE USA! AKA he speaks ENGLISH! Soooooo I asked him for a blessing after the meeting in English and it was amazing... just what I needed to hear. The next day I was reflecting on my blessing and all the other melt downs and what not I had this week and I remembered a tender mercy that I didn't even realize at the moment. When I was crying and melting down before I called the mish president's wife, my companion hugged me and said I don't know what your going through, but you know the plan hermana. Referring to the plan of salvation... our Heavenly Father's plan for all of us. And it hit me. What a blessing it is for me to know where Brandon is, what he's doing, and all the blessings he is going to be able to receive while with our Savior.  Hermana D---s (the wife of the mish president) taught us something a couple weeks back that we are to look with eyes of faith and to have a vision of the eternities not just right now.  So I closed my eyes and I imagined B dressed in white, with his cowboy hat on, sitting side by side with Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. And now every time I think about B I can't even try to cry tears of sadness. In fact I'm a little jealous of him! haha. But really,  I can't help but smile so big... not only because I know the plan God has for not only him but for all of us, but because i know he's here with me allll the time. I can feel him protecting me daily. And I couldn't be more grateful for that.

In memory of my perfect guardian angel B 

We have three baptisms coming up this week! I'm so excited! The people we are teaching right now are soooo amazing! 

Me and my comp are planning some suuuper awesome activities for the branch! First, this Tuesday, we are setting up tables in the main park here and we are gonna have hymns playing, pamphlets, Books of Mormon, pass along cards and all kinds of other church materials for people to look at. We are gonna teach them, explain things to them, invite them to come to church on Sunday, and get their info so we can visit them and continue teaching them. We are trying to get the branch more involved with working with us, so we invited them all to attend, to have the opportunity to share their testimonies and their knowledge of the gospel with others! 

Second, every Friday we are going to have family home evenings at the church for the branch and their friends! This gives us an opportunity to get more references so we have more people to teach! And the branch an opportunity to become more unified and family like. 

Third, we are planning a talent show!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT! So excited! 

These activities will really help the branch become more active and hopefully our chapel will have more than the normal 60 people in it. 

A mission isn't just about baptising people, it's about helping them endure to the end. And with allllll the MANY inactive members in the playas that's what we are trying to do. reactivate, and help endure to the end. 

Don't have a whole lots else to say! Things are great here! Spanish is great! We didn't end up getting new sisters this week! But for sure in September! Woo! 

Love y'all! Thanks for everything!
xoxoxo




Me and Y---y! Remember her? She was baptized a few weeks ago!


Me and J----! He's being baptized this weekend! Such a special boy!!!!
I made this sign to put on my backpack it says "Want to be happy? Ask me how"
 Hopefully it has the effect I want it to! 

Me and Morgann!!! The Avile's family kitty! They named her Morgann :))

 Okay well I made them name her Morgann, and I'm pretty sure they only call her Morgann when I'm there hahaha but it still makes me happy! haha
HAHAHA I just thought this was hilarious! How the kitty reacted to my comp








No comments:

Post a Comment