Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

WADDUUUPPP


¡HOLA!
First official Pday email! I don't even know where to start! Fair warning this is a Spanish key board so if my grammar and spelling sucks... lo siento. Things are getting so much better than when I  first got here. I was struggling a lot with everything. Learning the language, having a companion and of course the food. haha. But things have gotten a lot better. On Sunday I gave the closing prayer in sacrament meeting with no notes in Spanish. It was freaking awesome! I've been learning a lot and getting really close to a lot of awesome people. The CCM (mtc) is beautiful!!!!! The weather is weird but not too bad. I'll attach some pictures to the email to go along with stuff I tell you guys.






So best experience yet: as most of you know I get really awful migraines that totally disable me. Well the second day I was here I woke up with one and was so nervous and scared cause I really wanted to be able to learn and focus and enjoy the day and I knew that if I took my medication it would make me super sleepy and disoriented so instead I  said a prayer. I prayed for my Heavenly Father to heal me and to make it so I can function and get the most out of my day. Immediately my migraine was gone and its been 5 days and I haven't gotten even the slightest head ache since. I've never had such a powerful experience testify to me that the power of prayer is true.



This week we've learned a lot about obedience. And let me tell you THERE ARE SO MANY RULES. Its seriously driving me insane. But I saw a quote  a couple days ago that said, "Obedience brings blessing, but EXACT obedience brings miracles." So although some of the rules are super lame, like we cant high five the guys........................................ I still do... ;) I'm trying really hard to work at obeying the rules to a tee.
My companion is from Arizona. she's kind of the opposite of me which is driving my a little cray cray but is definitely a blessing in disguise. She's very organized and likes to do things to exactness. So not me. But shes keeps me in check which is nice.
The North American boys here and well.... it's  alittle hard to focus haha but I'm making a lot of friends and the elders who have been here for a few weeks now have really done an amazing job of making sure that we are all taken care of and staying happy, same with the older sisters.
We started teaching a fake investigator last night and it went really well! The spirit was so strong and we tried our hardest to speak in as much Spanish as we could. We commited him to reading él libro de mormon and to pray about it... except my companion interupted me in the middle of my testimony.......thank goodness for self control. But other than that it was super awesome!!!
FOOOOOD!!! ITS DISGUSTING!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! 
I literally want to cry everytime we eat. BUT since today is Pday we got to go to the store and there grocery store has a lot of american food. I spent 60 soles which is like 30 american dollars on snacks and of course coke a cola. I eat ALOT of rice. Sorry Jennifer you better start liking rice hahahahaha. hmmmmm what else...



OH MICAH!!! I met an elder from Payson!! I took a picture with him today so I could show you! :) his name is B-----n W----r. he says he knows you! I was so excited!



So attached is a picture of me and my district at the Peru temple today! 




Also a picture of me and my companion she's the blonde one in the black top. 


The other blonde one is Hermana P---- she's from Utah 



and the one with the dark hair is Hermana Ch--! she's from Florida! 



They're all super awesome!
The latinos here AKA the natives are freaking hilarious I try so hard to speak Spanish to them and its so awesome. They love everyone so much and have really made my life here enjoyable. They teach me Spanish and I teach them English!
Oh! Another picture I'm attaching is of how I put up some of my pictures on the ceiling of my bunk bed so when I lay down at night its like I'm at home. 



And the sign that Tylen Jordyn and Joey made me is hanging on the inside of my bed too to add to the feel of home :)



MOM AND DAD the food you sent me with has literally saved my life. I whipped out my peanut butter last night at dinner and I thought the other missionaries were gonna start crying when I offered to share. They were so excited.
On the real though, I really feel out of place here. I feel inadequate and I am VERY self conscious. All these girls remind me of Shelbee though and it makes me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy because I just imagine her being here telling me how special I am. Along with all your guys emails I had 27 emails today to read and it was the most encouraging thing I could ever have. Thank you all so much I love you all!!!
PS dont send packages to the CCM you can send them to the mission and I will get them when I get there in 5 weeeks. DO NOT SEND PACKAGES TO THE ADDRESS ON THE BUSINESS CARD! ONLY LETTERS. I will give you the correct address next week! I love you all!!!!!!
xoxo
chau!
hermana younce



No comments:

Post a Comment