Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Because I Have Been Given Much

hey everyone!
So I think I've been here for two weeks now? But I'm not really sure, all the days seem to blend together. This past week was really hard for me. I was ready to pack my bags and come home. I did not think I could do this. I had been crying and an Elder came up to me and (Elder D----y and Elder W----r) and they asked me if I was okay and proceeded to tell me that they went through the same thing. D----y had his bags packed and was ready to leave but finally got through it and he's still here. So I asked D----y to give me a blessing. D----y gave the blessing and Elder W----r and Elder C----n stood in. I have NEVER felt the spirit like I did during that blessing. The instant those boys put their hands on my head I felt like there was hot lava running in my veins. I couldn't control my tears and I was shaking like crazy. These Elders changed my life. Not only with that blessing but during the week they would check on me. I have gotten some of the best advice from them than I've ever gotten in my life. Unfortunately they both left for the field this morning.. yes I cried, lets be real. But I  am so happy for them and so proud of them and so blessed to have met them. Our Heavenly Father knows us all personally. He knows what we need and who we need and I  needed them in my life. They both wrote me letters before they left and in D----y's letter he told me that he didn't understand why he was having such a hard time when he first got to the CCM and he didn't know why he wanted to go home so bad and he felt like he couldn't do it, but now he knows that it was so that he could know what I was feeling so that he could help me. And I thought that that was the most perfect way to look at it. I wish I had words for the things that I have felt, the comfort and advice I have gotten but there are none. It's indescribable.
Well Saturday we had our first experoience prosolyting and me and my companion were the only girls with out latina companions. Just us two and a teacher and a 17 year old member of the church from Peru out in the ghetto. Two little white girls. Lots of whistles haha but anyway we taught 5 people! One girl comitted to reading the Book of Mormon and gave pamphlets to the rest! The girl we commiteed to reading was so prepared and ready for the church. It was so exciting. Remember we were teaching in Spanish! The spirit is such an amazing gift. And the gift of tongues is real.
One man we taught was blind, very old, had no teeth, it was so sad. We sat in the dirt and talked to him for a while about Jesus Christ and the church we left pamphlets for his sons to read to him and he said he was going to church on Sunday... but who knows if he did! I hope he did! While we were sitting in the dirt with him my compaion and I got eaten alive by mosquitos. I have 29 bites on my legs! Woo!!
Sunday I sang a solo in church... in English, but it was so awesome! I sang because "I Have Been Given Much"  and especially after being in the ghetto the day before seeing people's 'houses'... more like four boards of wood holding each other up with no roof or doors. It really hit a lot of missionaries in the heart.
 My companion and I had a couple of rough days but things have gottten a lot better!
Running out of time! Gonna attach some pictures! love yall!
xoxo



The cowboy boot key chains I got mom to remind her of me

 
The sisters going to my mission


The bag I bought myself 





this is us walking to the store from the temple!




Oh I forgot!! to add this!!!! Hermana P---- cut my bangs with paper scissors over a trash can!!! hahahhah during and after pics!! CCM probz



love you mom! dont be mad! oxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment