Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Friday, September 20, 2013

Witnessing Miracles


Hey everyone! So not a whole lot to talk about this week!
My compy & Me
But we did have a baptism!! Yay!! G-----s!!! She was our very first investigator here in playas. Her sister is a member and the only member in the family which consists of, X--e (member), G-----s (now a member!!) and her two daughters who are 6 and 1 years old, J----a (nonmember), and their Dad (nonmember). Their mom passed away 7 years ago.  We taught G---s-s for a few weeks then had to stop because she said she didn't want anything to do with a baptism. And she was firm in her decision. A few weeks ago our mission president told us to return to our investigators that we had stopped visiting and the first person that came to mind to me and my comp was G---s-s. So we returned and started visiting her again. She committed to be baptized two weeks from the third visit!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were shocked! She said she still didn't believe in the prophets but she was going to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. So she did. And she said that she knows they are true. That everything is true and that she is so excited for her baptism! TALK ABOUT A FREAKING MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could've cried!!!!! It was great. Her baptismal service was beautiful, and we are now teaching the last sister! She has committed to be baptized on the 28th of this month!
My compy and Me with G---s-s

Up next the.... the dad! He kinda scares me haha but I know that he too will be baptized. Then they can all go to the temple together and one of the girls can be baptized for their mom and they can all be sealed together!!! omg! I'm crying just writing that!!!!! :)
G-----s reborn sin-free




G-----s is my 10th baptism!!!!! Less than three months in the field and I have 10 baptisms... Sorry if I sound prideful, but I'm def proud of myself!! I've witnessed so many miracles and I am so grateful for this opportunity!!!!!





On Sunday J---e was ordained into the Aaronic priesthood!!!! I totally cried! (idk if you can tell but I'm very emotional this week) Seeing that was just amazing. A week after he was baptized he received the priesthood. Before we know it he'll be baptizing our converts… The church is soooo true!!!!!!!!



So my new companion should be here next week!!! The 24th I believe is when they come!! :) woooo hooo! We won't be moving till the end of this month though so we will all 4 be living together in our tiny little apartment haha that should be interesting! But it's only for a week :))
Not much else going on here! I love you all! Hope all is great!
Send me letters if you can!!
KISSES
XOXO






Me drinking Mate! Its like a family/friend tradition to drink this together in Argentina and thats where my comp is from so at night we drink it together!


 
    Me and my companion being broke! haha

Me and a different G-----s! She's due in October! Having a little boy and naming him Dylan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment