Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Thursday, September 5, 2013

On Fire


Hey hey!

Snuggling with Ford... thanks for sending him Dad
So I'm currently sicky icky pooo :( so lame. I've had a fever for two days now and I feel like someone has beaten me with a stick all over my body. But other than that, I'm great! Lol no I am feeling better today though. So hopefully this doesn't last long.

Sooo, we have 4 new baptism dates! Me and my comp are literally on fire! It feels so good!

So something I wanted to share this week is about the people that we meet and teach here. So many people in the CCM told me that I would find people that can only receive the gospel of Jesus Christ through me, and that is why I am called to where I am. I can truly testify of this, I have seen it so much this week! 3 out of the 4 people we are teaching and have committed to a baptismal date were taught in the past by other missionaries and didn't accept the gospel. But when we teach them they are so excited and so ready and the connection that we can feel in our lessons is indescribable. I know for a fact that I knew these people in the pre-mortal existence and promised them I would bring the gospel to them one day.

So this week I've been thinking about my past a lot... things I've done, the way I used to dress, who I represented myself as, how much I used to hate myself, all the struggle I went through… And at first I started to get down but then I snapped out of that real quick and realized where I am today, how far I've come. I think about my past and I am grateful for it, the good, the bad and everything in between. I know that everything prepared me to be who I am and where I am today. I am so grateful for the Atonement in my life. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and that He loves me. 
Shout out to Lynn Weisinger for my AMAZING ipod full of songs that relate to me on levels that I cant even explain!!! As I was laying in bed dying this morning I was listening to my amazing ipod and a song came on called "Beautiful Heart Break" the lyrics touched my heart so tenderly and applied to exactly how I was feeling. The chorus says, "All the fear, every doubt, all the pain I went through was the price that I paid to see this view, and now that I'm here. I would never trade..the grace that I feel and the faith that I find through the bitter sweet tears and the sleepless nights. I used to pray He'd take it all away...but instead it became a beautiful heart break." 

We go through things so that later on in life we can help someone, whether its ourselves or someone else. I am so grateful for the life I have. For the opportunity that I have to repent daily of my sins so that I can represent my Savior Jesus Christ in the best way possible. I love this Gospel so much! 

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! Don't worry I still LOVE AMERICA! I'm still my patriot redneck self!!! Love you all! 

xoxo

This is X--- Gave her a haircut and some bangin bangs!

Selfie of the week!



No comments:

Post a Comment