Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. D&C 4: 1-4

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Start to a Big Part of My Journey

Younce Family,

                Receive a warm greeting from our part. It pleases us to inform you that Sister Younce has arrived to the mission field without any complications. We are very happy to receive her in the Ecuador Guayaquil North Mission. Attached you will find the following: One picture with President and Sister Amaya and the other missionaries from her group, one picture with her trainer, a letter written by your daughter, and a letter from President Amaya.

Thank you for the support that you give to Sister Younce.


Ecuador Guayaquil North Mission
La Iglesia de Jesucristo SUD
Secretario del Presidente


    

Hey guys!
So I am officially here in Ecuador! I know I just talked to you guys so I don't have much of an update besides the fact that my mission president is awesome! His wife is so sweet too. We are at their house right now. They fed us lunch and I almost cried it was so good! So there is a chance I could be reassigned to the West Mission.... Uh what? I will find out tomorrow. I really hope I'm not reassigned. I know it will be the Lord's will, but idk if I can handle much more change right now. 

Not gonna lie... I'm scared out of my mind and I know it's just Satan trying to get me to quit. But man... It hasn't even been 5 hours here and it's already working. But don't worry I'll be strong and I promise I won't give up.

Keep me in your prayers. I love you so much! 
PS - it's really sticky and hot here. I hate it. And I think I've gotten 5 new pimples simply from these past few hours. Pero (but) I'm not here for me, I'm here for the people and for my Savior. Love ya'll! Write me letters they will help so much.

xoxo
Hermana Younce


Dear Younce Family,

After her experience in the MTC we had the wonderful opportunity to receive SisterYounce at the airport along with other missionaries in her group, we shared together a welcome lunch, and special moments starting her mission. She received instruction on the rules of the mission and the correct manner to work, she met her first companion, Sister P------ from Argentina and was trained in the "Plan of First Twelve Weeks"according to the direction we received from the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve. With great pleasure I am pleased to report that the development of the Plan of Twelve Weeks has been so far a great experience with excellent results.
Every Monday is her preparation day and she has the opportunity to write to family, we hope you will encourage and support her. 

Your daughter is doing very well, we care for her and she is progressing, she is an excellent missionary and has performed admirably, we express our gratitude for having prepared her to serve the Lord and supported her. For Sister Amaya and I it is a great privilege to have her in the mission and have the opportunity to help and guide her in this sacred process of developing her potential so she can serve the Lord the best she can. You have done very well, Congratulations. The Lord will strengthen her, help her, and guide her through the Spirit, of whom Sister Younce will have to depend on as never before in her life.

Sincerely yours, and May the Lord bless you.

President and Sister Amaya






No comments:

Post a Comment